Applying the Quality Matters (QM) Rubric - Face to Face WorkshopMon, 1/5/2015 | 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM | Stillman Hall 135
Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APP) is QM's flagship workshop on the QM Rubric and its use in reviewing the design of online and blended courses. It is intended for a broad audience, including but not limited to faculty, instructional designers, administrators, and adjunct instructors who wish to understand more about the QM process and perhaps become QM Peer Reviewers. This is a free opportunity to complete the first level of certification of the Quality Matters series in one day as opposed to weeks.
Workshop Learning Objectives:
After completing Applying the QM Rubric (APP), participants will:
1. Identify the underlying principles of QM. (Recognize key QM underlying principles and concepts.)
2. Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components.
3. Apply the QM Rubric, Fifth Edition, 2014 to review online courses.
4. Make decisions on whether the SPCH 1113 course meets selected QM Rubric standards.
5. Apply the concept of alignment.
6. Draft helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course.
Who should attend? This session is intended for a broad audience, including but not limited to faculty, instructional designers, administrators and adjunct instructors who wish to understand more about the QM Rubric and process of course review!
Required Materials: QM Fifth Edition, 2014 Rubric & a laptop with wireless capability
Breakfast: Breakfast snacks will be provided.
Lunch: Participants will have a break for lunch and are encouraged to bring their own or there are many restaurants nearby on High Street!
Specific Workshop Information: In order to get credit for the session, you will need to attend the Applying the Quality Matters (QM) Rubric - Face to Face Workshop in its entirety.
- Timothy Lombardo ;