Teaching Strategies for Different Course ModalitiesThu, 8/6/2020 | 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM | CarmenZoom
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Identify opportunities and limitations of student engagement in the different teaching modalities for Autumn 2020 (in-person, hybrid, online)
- Make decisions about how to implement teaching strategies that best align with course context and modality
- Modify strategies to help students actively engage and meet learning outcomes
- Know what resources are available for additional assistance
As we plan for blended teaching approaches for Autumn semester, we will each be considering how to foster student engagement while balancing live and asynchronous instruction, being flexible in our teaching strategies and supporting students to meet the learning outcomes of our courses. In this workshop, we will explore varying models of implementation and the benefits and limitations that each offer for student engagement. You will have opportunities to work with fellow participants to strategize potential teaching approaches and necessary modifications.
You must register to receive the Zoom link for this workshop. All registrants will receive the link and sign-in instructions via email one hour before the session.
- In the sign in window, select Sign In with SSO.
- The domain is osu.zoom.us. Select Continue.
- Sign in using your Ohio State Username (lastname.#) and password.
If you have never used CarmenZoom, you will need to activate your account before you can access the session. Please download the desktop client, or the app if using a mobile device, and log into go.osu.edu/carmenzoom to activate your account. For help, visit Getting Started in CarmenZoom in the ODEE Resource Center. Be sure to test Zoom at least one hour in advance of the session and contact the Service Desk at 614-688-4357 or email@example.com if you have any issues.
If you have registered or are on the waitlist and require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests made by June 25 will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.
Can't make it to a workshop? Check out the Keep Teaching playlist on OhioStateIT's YouTube channel for session recordings and other tutorial videos.