Exams and Assignments for Online CoursesTue, 8/4/2020 | 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM | CarmenZoom
After this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify considerations, opportunities and limitations for moving exams and assignments online
- Make decisions about how to modify assignments and exams that best align with your course context
- Decide on modifications that are guided by learning outcomes
- Communicate with students about expectations for exams and assignments
- Use effective grading strategies
- Know what resources are available for additional assistance in designing remote assignments and exams
Most instructors will need to move at least one assignment or exam to an online format for Autumn term. In this session, we will share resources and suggestions for how to modify your exams, finals, and assignments for the online environment, with an emphasis on using the tools in CarmenCanvas. Learn how to best meet the needs of your students by considering alternatives to traditional exam and final formats. Multiple examples will be shared throughout the workshop. We will also share strategies for grading those assignments and creating them for maximum academic integrity.
You must register to receive the Zoom link for this workshop. All registrants will receive the link and sign-in instructions via email one hour before the session.
- In the sign in window, select Sign In with SSO.
- The domain is osu.zoom.us. Select Continue.
- Sign in using your Ohio State Username (lastname.#) and password.
If you have never used CarmenZoom, you will need to activate your account before you can access the session. Please download the desktop client, or the app if using a mobile device, and log into go.osu.edu/carmenzoom to activate your account. For help, visit Getting Started in CarmenZoom in the ODEE Resource Center. Be sure to test Zoom at least one hour in advance of the session and contact the Service Desk at 614-688-4357 or email@example.com if you have any issues.
If you have registered or are on the waitlist and require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests made by July will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.
This session is eligible for the following endorsements provided by the Michael V. Drake Institute for Teaching and Learning: Teaching Online.
Can't make it to a workshop? Check out the Keep Teaching playlist on OhioStateIT's YouTube channel for session recordings and other tutorial videos.