Recording Lecture Video: Best Practices and ToolsFri, 7/31/2020 | 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM | CarmenZoom
After this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify the available tool and modality choices for creating lecture videos
- Identify the available hosting and accessibility options for lecture videos
- Explain the steps in producing effective lecture capture, including recording, trimming and sharing video
- Describe ways to personalize lecture videos
- List ways to use effective communication strategies when recording lectures
This session will explore the various tools and processes for capturing effective lecture videos for your course. We’ll highlight university-supported tool options, including CarmenZoom, Mediasite and PowerPoint, and discuss why you might select one over another. We’ll also go over the steps in producing a video from start to finish, including setup, recording, trimming and sharing. Additionally, we'll share best practices for personalizing video lectures, communicating clearly and integrating opportunities for knowledge checks.
This session is appropriate for any instructor seeking solutions, from simple to advanced, for recording video for their course.
You must register to receive the Zoom link for this workshop. All registrants will receive the link and sign-in instructions via email one hour before the session.
- In the sign in window, select Sign In with SSO.
- The domain is osu.zoom.us. Select Continue.
- Sign in using your Ohio State Username (lastname.#) and password.
If you have never used CarmenZoom, you will need to activate your account before you can access the session. Please download the desktop client, or the app if using a mobile device, and log into go.osu.edu/carmenzoom to activate your account. For help, visit Getting Started in CarmenZoom in the ODEE Resource Center. Be sure to test Zoom at least one hour in advance of the session and contact the Service Desk at 614-688-4357 or email@example.com if you have any issues.
If you have registered or are on the waitlist and require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests made by June 15 will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.
Can't make it to a workshop? Check out the Keep Teaching playlist on OhioStateIT's YouTube channel for session recordings and other tutorial videos.