Setting Up Your Autumn Course in CarmenThu, 7/9/2020 | 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM | CarmenZoom
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Review Ohio State's expectations for Autumn 2020 Carmen courses
- Use the Carmen template to create organized and clear pathways for students to understand and access course material and grades
- Use Carmen to communicate with and support students in the online environment
- Explain how students experience Carmen on iPads and other devices
- Locate further resources and assistance
Whether you are teaching online or in-person this autumn, setting up your course effectively in CarmenCanvas will be crucial for you and your students. Join us to explore best practices for sharing your syllabus, using the gradebook, posting resources and communicating with students online. We will review Ohio State's expectations for all Carmen courses for Autumn 2020, share examples of effective courses, and answer questions about creating a learning environment where students feel connected and informed. Additionally, discuss the student experience in this digital learning environment, with a particular emphasis on using Carmen on iPads.
You must register to receive the Zoom link for this workshop. All registrants will receive the link and sign-in instructions via email one hour before the session.
- In the sign in window, select Sign In with SSO.
- The domain is osu.zoom.us. Select Continue.
- Sign in using your Ohio State Username (lastname.#) and password.
If you have never used CarmenZoom, you will need to activate your account before you can access the session. Please download the desktop client, or the app if using a mobile device, and log into go.osu.edu/carmenzoom to activate your account. For help, visit Getting Started in CarmenZoom in the ODEE Resource Center. Be sure to test Zoom at least one hour in advance of the session and contact the Service Desk at 614-688-4357 or email@example.com if you have any issues.
If you have registered or are on the waitlist and require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests made by June 25 will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.
Can't make it to a workshop? Check out the Keep Teaching playlist on OhioStateIT's YouTube channel for session recordings and other tutorial videos.