Peer Review in CarmenCanvasMon, 11/18/2019 | 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM | Enarson Classroom Building 018
Participants in this session will:
- Become familiar with current scholarship on the benefits of peer review on learning.
- Discuss opportunities and challenges for peer review in their own courses.
- Brainstorm a list of assignments that might be appropriate for peer review.
- Become familiar with best practices for online peer review.
- Begin creating a rubric (either in Carmen or on paper) for peer-review to use in their courses.
- Practice using the Carmen peer review feature.
Don’t miss out on all that CarmenCanvas has to offer! In this 90-minute session, ODEE instructional designers will guide you to leverage Carmen for peer review activities. Whether you teach a face-to-face or fully distance course, getting students to provide each other feedback online can dramatically decrease your grading time and improve student learning. We'll review best practices and current scholarship on peer review and discuss opportunities and challenges for making peer review work effectively. Participants will spend time in Carmen to begin creating peer-review tools they can apply in their own courses.
If you understand the basics of Carmen but are looking for tools to make your course more robust and engaging, this event is for you. Participants should have attended a Start in CarmenCanvas workshop or have a basic understanding of and prior experience working in Canvas.
This is a BYOD (bring-your-own-device) event—bring a laptop or tablet.
LOOKING FOR OTHER LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES?
Browse additional workshop and webinar topics here.
- Sarah Holt ;
- John Muir ;