Getting Started With Vita - Private session for College of Arts and SciencesThu, 1/24/2019 | 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
After attending this custom private session, participants will be able to:
- Identify and navigate between Vita and Elements.
- Set up their Elements profiles and publication search settings, refine the results, and accept or reject citations.
- Manage duplicate and manual entries in Elements.
- Use Vita to enter narratives, manage supporting data, and preview the Vita dossier report.
- Apply strategies for streamlining work in Vita and Elements.
University Hall, Room 156
This private workshop is designed to introduce you to Vita, Ohio State's faculty information system. Vita combines the power of Symplectic Elements with customized functionality to meet the needs of Ohio State faculty. This session will
- explore how to preview the dossier, enter narratives, and manage supporting data in Vita
- give a general walkthrough in Elements, which harvests publications and provides forms for manually entering additional information required in the core dossier
- To get the most out of your training, please complete all prerequisites (see below) at least three business days before this session. Most attendees will be able to begin working with profile data migrated from Research in View and harvested by Elements.
- This is not a hands-on session but you are welcome to bring a laptop (not tablet or smartphone) to follow along. Due to limited staffing, onsite tech support may not be available. Please plan to arrive early to set up your device.
- Questions about the P&T dossier, and related policy and practice, are best addressed by P&T experts in your tenure initiating unit. This session focuses on how to use the system itself, i.e. getting started in Vita, and beginning your work with data in Vita and Elements.
Before attending this workshop, log into Vita and click on the bottom left tile, entitled "Curate Elements Data". This will start the overnight process of creating your Elements account, if it does not already exist. If you are unable to access Elements on the following day, you will need to submit a Vita help request (see Contact Information area below).
If you work in a position where you will be managing other people's information, please try to ensure that all of your people have already taken the above steps too, so that by the time you attend the session, each person has an account in Elements. It will also be useful (but not essential) for you to have delegate access to at least one of your people's accounts in Elements.
Questions about Vita, including this workshop: email firstname.lastname@example.org or use a help request form in the Vita section of the ODEE Resource Center. Please be sure to include your Ohio State username (lastname.#) and contact information, and explain that you are asking about the private Vita workshop for the College of Arts and Sciences to be held on Thursday, January 24.