Carmen: Getting Started (Hands-on)Mon, 9/16/2013 | 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM | Derby 0029
This hands-on workshop will provide instructors and staff with the skills needed to set up a basic course in Carmen, OSU's course management system. This session is intended for instructors and staff who are new to Carmen, but is also good for users who want a better understanding of the system:
- General orientation to Carmen
- Uploading, organizing and sharing documents in Content
- Using the HTML editor, Publish / Draft status, Due Dates, and basic Restrictions
- Using News and other strategies to communicate with students
- Understanding Classlist and Carmen's relationship to the Registrar's system
We assume you will have a course shell to work in. You may use a shell you plan to use for class, a class shell you will never use, or a practice shell (please allow at least 3 days for a practice shell to be created). Bring files or other material to upload.
The workshop instructor will be available for 30 minutes after the session ends for an open Carmen Q & A.
To access Carmen, you will need to come to the workshop knowing your Ohio State Username (lastname.#) and password. This is your username and password that you use to access online services at Ohio State. If you aren't sure what your Ohio State Username and password are, please visit the Identity and Password Management web page at this link: https://my.osu.edu.
Questions about this session?
Contact the Carmen help team by e-mail (email@example.com) or phone (614-688-4357)